Tuesday, January 15, 2008

checking in

Hey long lost classmates! It's nice to hear from some of you. Yay for Alyssa and Genna for starting their own blogs! (Rachel too - I saw your link on Alyssa's page a couple days ago and must admit to blog-stalking you since then. Your stories are just too funny to pass up.) Can't wait for the rest of you to come out of the woodwork soon and let everyone know you are still alive. I blog now too, which is probably apparent since Bob went ahead and put a link to my blog here. So, come visit it anytime. It has been a fun way to keep in touch with friends. We rarely post anything informative or interesting but we do post!

Things in Lawrence are great. I'm having a good old time working for the public schools in Topeka. I work in an urban district with preschool and elementary-age kids from low SES homes (almost 100% of my kids qualify for free school lunch). In all my IEP meetings I have not yet come across a "traditional" 2-parent family. Most of my kids are raised primarily by their grandparents, single moms, foster parents, aunts, etc. They have crazy little lives and they have lots of needs but most days I love hanging out with them.

I'd love to hear from you guys more often! Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: