Friday, May 16, 2008

What it takes to be a speech language pathologist

Stephanie emailed this to me, she would have posted it her self, but she feels to inept with the computer. Stephanie, don't worry, we all feel that way from time to time. Here's what she sent me:
 
She found this quote on ASHA's website:
 
"To enter this career, one must have a sincere interest in helping people, an above average intellectual aptitude, and the sensitivity, personal warmth, and perspective to be able to interact with the person who has a communication problem. Scientific aptitude, patience, emotional stability, tolerance, and persistence are necessary, as well as resourcefulness and imagination. Other essential traits include a commitment to work cooperatively with others and the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing."
 
Stephanie: "Thinking about graduate school, that just made me laugh.  It also reminded me of Dr. Blair's Ed Aud class.  I know, I have an odd sense of humor." 

No comments: